Sunday, March 27, 2011

Grownig up on the Internet

I.             Does anyone know the name of the Tank man? Tank Man, or the Unknown Rebel, is the nickname of an anonymous man who stood in front of a column of Chinese Type 59 tanks the morning after the Chinese military forcibly removed protestors from in and around Beijing's Tiananmen Square on June 4, 1989. The man achieved widespread international recognition due to the videotape and photographs taken of the incident. Despite his anonymity, he is commonly (though not necessarily correctly) referred to in Chinese as Wang Weilin (王維林), as dubbed by a Sunday Express article. This was reported by only one journalist, and no credible other source has emerged since then (1989). It might remain a mystery forever.
N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Mar 2011. <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tank_Man>.
N.p., n.d. Web. 27 Mar 2011. <http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_is_the_name_of_the_tank_man>.



Web. 27 Mar 2011. <http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/teens-online-53.jpg>.
II.            This week in class we talked about kids growing up on the internet. We watched a documentary of parents being too strict about their kids on the internet and some being too loose. There was one girl who was post pictures of herself in lingerie. When her parents first caught her they made her delete it but later we learned that they let her make a new cite and put them up again. We also learned about a mom who put their computer in the kitchen so she could always see what her kids were doing on the computer. She also was trying to get their kids passwords to their facebook so she could log on and read everything on it. In my opinion both these parents are crazy. There is much better ways to handle your kids on the internet. Because parents didn’t grow up with it they don’t always understand it. Some parts of the internet can be scary like your daughter posting pictures of herself in lingerie. They way my parents handle it is they have facebook and have me as a friend. They can see what people post on my wall but they can’t write anything as me. They also realize what people post on my wall isn’t something I said so they don’t blame me if one of my friends writes something they wouldn’t want me to say. I feel like my parents are less controlling over my use of the internet if the understand it, so I teach them how to use it.


Web. 27 Mar 2011. <http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01402/girlLaptop_1402818c.jpg>.

III. How many kids are underage on facebook?


Web. 27 Mar 2011. <http://www.impactlab.net/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/teens-online-53.jpg>. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment